Our specialist team
Head of Visceral and Thoracic Surgery: Prof. Dr. Jörg Theisen
Prof. Dr. Jörg Theisen is head of the Visceral and Thoracic Surgery Department and is in charge of the Gastroenterology Center at Klinikum Landkreis Erding.
- Surgeon (board certified)
- Visceral surgeon (board certified)
Deputy Medical Director and Head of Gastroenterology: Prof. Dr. Rudolf L. Riepl
The Department of Internal Medicine with a main focus on Gastroenterology and Metabolic Disorders at Klinikum Landkreis Erding is headed by Prof. Dr. Rudolf Riepl, who is also in charge of the coordination of the Gastroenterology Center. Prof. Riepl has been deputy medical director since the middle of 2012.
Following his medical studies at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Prof. Riepl started his specialty training and scientific activities at the Medical Clinic of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, where he obtained board certification as internist and gastroenterologist as well as a teaching licence, followed by certification as diabetologist by the German Diabetes Society. Prof. Riepl has been chief consultant at Klinikum Landkreis Erding since 2001 and additionally deputy hospital director since 2012. The range of endoscopic-diagnostic and therapeutic examination techniques was extended under his direction.
- 1994: Specialist Lung Clinic Gauting
- 1995 - 1998: Medical Clinic Innenstadt of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- 1998 - 2001: Head of the Department of Internal Medicine at Klinikum Landkreis Erding
- Since 2001: Head of the Department of Internal Medicine with a main focus on Gastroenterology and Metabolic Disorders at Klinikum Landkreis Erding
- Since 07/2012: Deputy hospital director of Klinikum Landkreis Erding
- Internist (board certified)
- Gastroenterologist and metabolic specialist (board certified)
- Diabetologist (DDG – German Society for Diabetes)
- Pneumologist (board certified)